Building cordova app using Drupal services and ionic is one of the areas that I have been working on. This helps serve multiple use cases in the context of app development. Drupal acts as content repo and the cordova App could consume content using the REST apis. We use ionic because of hybrid, as well as its additional core features, faster, simple to develop and time saving.
As my work in the last 8 months has been in this area with a live cross platform solution. In this session would share some of the Key challenges and Simple solutions to make your App Cross platform, Strategies to overcome deficiencies of ionic to build an App that is as close to a Native App.
In this session, we will walk through:
- An Introduction to Ionic Application and Angular 2
- Why Ionic Framework?
- How to use drupal for mobile application
- How to setup a Drupal 8 enabling REST
- Building an ionic 2 helloworld application with predefined templates
- Integrate ionic with Drupal 8 using the REST services.
- Key Challenges in building Hybrid App and how to overcome them
- Deficiencies of Ionic over Native App and the approaches we took to overcome the same
- A small introduction to AngularJS Will be more helpful to understand clearly
- Anyone interested in hybrid mobile application development
- Anyone to extend drupal websites to mobile applications
Join my session, by the end of the session you will have a clear idea of Headless drupal and the knowledge to build ionic mobile application!
About the Speaker:
I have conducted local meetups. Participated and Presented in local meetups.